StarTech.com’s SV1641HDIEGB revolutionizes remote server management by combining our industry-leading third generation Server Remote Control technology with a proven Enterprise class digital KVM switch.
The SV1641HDIEGB empowers you to securely manage up to sixteen computers remotely from almost anywhere using your LAN or the Internet. Unlike software solutions that require installation and work through your server’s operating system, the SV1641HDIEGB gives you BIOS level control and full interaction with your system’s boot process. Control does not come at the expense of security: SSH tunneling, SSL encryption, RADIUS authentication, and a configurable firewall are all included to ensure that your network stays secure. With both USB and PS/2 support, this switch easily handles a mixed platform environment to provide a central point of administration for all your servers. For added flexibility you can attach your existing KVM switches to the SV1641HDIEGB to remotely control up to 136 computers, and its standardized 1U rack-mountable metal chassis allows easy installation in your rack or cabinet.
Server Remote Control is about more than just servers. Using the Serial Remote Interface Module (RPORT) you can interact with virtually any device that uses a RS-232 serial terminal interface like routers, switches, environmental controls, alarm systems, and more. You can also use StarTech.com’s 8 outlet Remote Power Module (PCM815SHNA) to power computers and equipment on an off using an interactive menu.
The SV1641HDIEGB is the perfect solution for any organisation that demands secure, flexible local and remote administration of its critical systems.
- BIOS level remote access to servers at co-location facilities and ISPs
- Co-location/ISP computer control
- Datacenter computer control
- Enables access to existing KVM switches via TCP/IP
- Manufacturing line computer control
- PC test/burn-in computer control
- Remote access for outsourced server / IT hardware management
- Remote access to mission-critical corporate datacenter servers
- Server farms
||StarTech.com 16 port Enhanced KVM Switch over IP
||External - 1U
|Max Number of Users
||1 active user plus up to 3 viewing
||USB and PS/2
||43.2 cm x 40.4 cm x 22.5 cm
||1 years warranty
Note: Adding more than 1 optional PCM815SHNA power switch to the Server Remote Control requires a RPORT module.
- Hardware Reset and Network Configuration button for user friendly access through an OSD
- Supports 16 bit video for a richer quality of picture when accessing the remote server either through the web browser or VNC client
- Access to the web console is user ID and SSL password secure. The Remote Server Management over IP card supports 32 user accounts and incorporates SSL encryption of session data, and SSL web communication encryption.
- Auto Scan Mode lets you switch between computers for easy monitoring
- Compact 1U rack height takes up very little cabinet or rack space
- Each computer name can be defined via the OSD menu
- Flash upgradeable
- Hot-pluggable feature allow computers to be added or removed without shutting down
- Includes an onboard Web Server, providing browser-based configuration and administration. Access is controlled via user ID and SSL password encryption. 16 discrete user accounts are supported.
- Login authentication restricts access to authorised users
- Network Setup and Reset button
- No software or drivers required
- Obtains an IP address using DHCP or manual configuration
- Plug and Play compliant
- Supports 16 bit video
- Supports IntelliMouse (Pro)
- Supports PCs with USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse connectors
- Universal KVM switch controls up to 16 computers directly and up to 136 computers by cascading 8 additional KVM switches
- Users can reboot the system, access the BIOS, and have full control over the keyboard and mouse - as if they are on site
- Works with PC, Mac and Sun Servers and Systems