Startech 4 Drive 3.5in Trayless SATA Mobile Rack Backplane
This 4 Bay SATA Mobile Rack lets you swap between 3.5in Serial ATA (SATA, SATA II) hard drives in seconds.
A time saving storage solution, the mobile rack offers three trayless SATA hard drive bays, allowing you to hot swap Serial ATA hard drives but avoid having to mount the drives to trays for deployment or unfasten them for replacement.
Supporting up to four hard drives, each at up to Terabyte (2TB) capacity, the mobile SATA hot swap rack offers a total capacity of 4TB and takes up only three 5.25in drive bays inside a host computer - maximizing space-efficiency within the computer.
Using Terabyte hard drives? Don’t expose your Hard Drive and valuable data to unnecessary heat!
The HSB430SATBK has two built-in 40mm fans that re-distribute the heat build-up generated as a result of typical drive operation. This feature is especially important for larger volume storage (750GB, 1TB hard drives), and faster “spinning" drives (i.e 7200 RPM), as it can help optimize drive operability and in turn preserve stored data integrity.
Certifications, Reports and Compatibility
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Fast and easy as don't have to physically mount hard drive in tray and then remove
- Innovative design requires no internal caddy or tray, saving time and maximizing efficiency.
- Offers a 10,000+ insertion rating - equating to nearly 6 removal/insertion cycles per day for 5 years!
- Supports up to 3 Gb/s data transfer speed using SATA 300 (SATA II) hard drives
- Worldwide patent for connector supports greater than 10,000 insertion rating - equating to nearly 6 removal/insertion cycles per day for 5 years!
||StarTech.com 4 Drive 3.5in Trayless Hot Swap SATA Mobile Rack Backplane - storage drive cage
||Storage drive cage
||4 x hot-swap - 3.5" x 1/3H
||4 x front accessible - 5.25" x 1/2H
||7 pin Serial ATA
||7 pin Serial ATA
||2 fans, data indicator, power indicator
||14.6 cm x 19.4 cm x 12.7 cm
||1 year warranty
A Closer Look
- Active LED indicators for power and drive activity
- Designed to hold up to 4 SATA I or SATA II hard drives to triple the storage capacity
- Designed to withstand friction damage to internal components with high quality construction
- Hot plug and play
- Internal rubber cushioning helps eliminate vibration and damage to the hard disk
- Solid aluminum case provides excellent protection and heat dissipation for hard drive
- Works with both PC and Mac computers with standard available 5.25" drive bay
- Enterprises replacing IDE/Parallel ATA hard drives with SATA/300(SATA II) or SATA/150 hard drives
- High-end workstations
- Imaging - For System Builders or configuring new systems - Use Hot Swap Bay in master system to copy Windows OS quickly to multiple blank hard drives as part of system building process
- IT environments where just need to quickly insert/replace removable hard drive - no protection required for mobility reasons for hard drive
- Network Attached Storage
- Serial ATA Drive Arrays
- Serial ATA servers and storage subsystems
- 1 x 5.25" Trayless SATA Hot Swap Drive Bay
- 1 x Instruction Manual
- 8 x Mounting screws
- TX4 + SATA Power LP4 Y-cable (x3 - HSB320SATBK x4 - HSB430SATBK)
- 4 x SATA data cable (HSB430SATBK)