StarTech IDE/SATA Dock and Duplicator
The UNIDUPDOCK Universal SATA/IDE Dual Drive Hard Drive Duplicator functions as both a convenient hard drive copying/imaging solution and an external SATA/IDE HDD docking station for 2.5in (up to 500Gb) or 3.5in SATA/SATA II hard drives (up to 2 TB).
Providing quick, yet complete hard drive cloning functionality, this universal dock can operate as a standalone HDD duplicator with no connection to a host computer, delivering an exact 1 to 1 clone of the target hard drive including partition and boot sector information as well as user data at a copy rate of 72 MB/sec.
Supporting both IDE and SATA, this universal duplicator dock enables duplication from SATA to SATA, IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE, and IDE to IDE, as long as the source drive does not exceed the size of the destination drive.
Functioning as a universal IDE and SATA HDD docking station, the hard drive duplicator can be connected to a computer through USB with support for simple plug-and-play installation, allowing users to access hard drive contents without having to mount in an external drive enclosure or open the computer case for conventional drive installation.
Contained in a small form factor design that makes it a suitable addition to desktop and laptop operating environments, this hard drive duplicator/external HDD docking station is a versatile storage and hard drive cloning utility that also features a host of other built in utilities that are accessible via a built in menu system.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- Push-button controls and an LCD display makes creating exact 1-to-1 hard drive clones or erasing drives without a host computer easy, for both SATA and IDE drives
- On-the-fly switching from Duplicator mode to USB 2.0 connectivity with the push of a few buttons allows for any connected computer to access the drives
- A small form factor design ensures maximum heat dissipation for the exposed drives, while fast Plug-and-Play installation enables quick, convenient access to the data
||StarTech.com USB to IDE SATA Standalone Hard Drive Duplicator Dock - hard drive duplicator|
||Hard drive duplicator|
|Installed Devices / Modules Qty
||0 (installed) / 2 (max)|
||IDE / Serial ATA |
||Hi-Speed USB |
||Serial ATA/IDE ( IDE / Serial ATA-300 ) - RAID 0, 1, JBOD|
||AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz ) |
||235 x 151 x 27 mm|
||1 year warranty|
||Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista|
Mac OS 10.3 or later
A Closer Look
- Sector-by-Sector drive duplication, including the HPA
- Integrated LCD display for duplication progress and options menu
- Compatible with both SATA (1.5/3.0/6.0 Gbps) and IDE (66/100/133 Mbps) drives
- Supports 2.5in or 3.5in form factor hard drives (HDD) or solid state drives (SSD)
- Built-in quick drive erase function
- Additional independent support functions: drive comparisons, pre-scanning drives and hardware self-diagnosis
- Manually switchable between Duplicator and Docking Station modes
- Built in RAID 0, 1, and BIG functionality
- Built-in protection against drive short circuiting
- High-speed USB 2.0 host interface, with support for transfer rates up to 480Mbps
- Package includes two 40pin to 44pin (3.5in to 2.5in)IDE adapters for mobile hard drive compatibility
- Disk imaging/hard drive cloning - create exact replicas of a source drive onto a new drive - perfect for scenarios/environments where consistency and integrity is crucial (law enforcement and forensics applications)
- SMB, OEM, System Integrators, IT and service technicians requiring quick access to bare external hard drive contents, or the ability to clone data for data / disk recovery.
- Law Enforcement and Forensics
- Quick, hassle-free hard drive backups, data recovery
- 1 x UNIDUPDOCK duplicator dock
- 1 x USB cable
- 2 x 40-pin IDE ribbon cable (female/female)
- 2 x LP4 molex adapter cable
- 2 x 40 to 44-pin IDE adapter
- 3 x Power Cords (NA/UK/EU)
- 1 x Instruction Manual