- Unified fabric with FCoE: I/O consolidation
The Cisco UCS 6100 Series is built to consolidate LAN and SAN traffic onto a single unified fabric, saving the capital and operating expenses associated with multiple parallel networks, different types of adapter cards, switching infrastructure, and cabling within racks.
- Optimization for virtualization
For virtualized environments, the Cisco 6100 Series supports Cisco VN-Link architecture. Cisco VN-Link architecture allows the interconnects to provide policy-based virtual machine connectivity, mobility of network properties with the virtual machine, and a consistent operational model for both physical and virtual environments.
Cisco UCS 6120XP Fabric Interconnect - Network management device - 20 ports - 10 GigE - 1U - refurbished - rack-mountable
The Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects are a core part of the Cisco Unified Computing System, providing both network connectivity and management capabilities for the system. The Cisco UCS 6100 Series offers line-rate, low-latency, lossless 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) functions.
The Cisco UCS 6100 Series provides the management and communication backbone for the Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers and UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis. All chassis, and therefore all blades, attached to the Cisco UCS 6100 Series Fabric Interconnects become part of a single, highly available management domain. In addition, by supporting unified fabric, the Cisco UCS 6100 Series provides both the LAN and SAN connectivity for all blades within its domain.
From a networking perspective, the Cisco UCS 6100 Series uses a cut-through architecture, supporting deterministic, low-latency, line-rate 10 Gigabit Ethernet on all ports, independent of packet size and enabled services. The product family supports Cisco low-latency, lossless 10 Gigabit Ethernet unified network fabric capabilities, which increase the reliability, efficiency, and scalability of Ethernet networks. The fabric interconnect supports multiple traffic classes over a lossless Ethernet fabric from the blade through the interconnect. Significant TCO savings come from an FCoE-optimized server design in which network interface cards (NICs), host bus adapters (HBAs), cables, and switches can be consolidated.
- Ethernet module that provides 6 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet using the SFP+ interface
- Fiber Channel plus Ethernet module that provides 4 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet using the SFP+ interface; and 4 ports of 1/2/4-Gbps native Fiber Channel connectivity using the SFP interface
- Fiber Channel module that provides 8 ports of 1/2/4-Gbps native Fiber Channel using the SFP interface for transparent connectivity with existing Fiber Channel networks
- Fiber Channel module that provides 6 ports of 1/2/4/8-Gbps native Fiber Channel using the SFP or SFP+1 interface for transparent connectivity with existing Fiber Channel networks
|Product Description||Cisco UCS 6120XP Fabric Interconnect - network management device|
|Device Type||Network management device|
|Form Factor||Rack-mountable - 1U|
|Data Link Protocol||10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Performance||Throughput: 520 Gbps|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||43.9 cm x 76.2 cm x 4.4 cm|