Cisco UCS 2204XP Fabric Extender - Expansion module - 10 GigE - 4 ports - with 8 x Cisco 10G Line Extender for FEX (FET-10G) - for Network Analysis Module 2204, 2204 Appliance
Cisco UCS 2200 series Fabric Extender brings the unified fabric into the blade server enclosure, providing multiple 10 Gigabit Ethernet connections between blade servers and the fabric interconnect, simplifying diagnostics, cabling, and management.
The Cisco UCS 2200 series is enabling a lossless and deterministic Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) fabric to connect all blades and chassis together. Since the fabric extender is similar to a distributed line card, it does not perform any switching and is managed as an extension of the fabric interconnects. This approach removes switching from the chassis, reducing overall infrastructure complexity and enabling Cisco UCS to scale to many chassis without multiplying the number of switches needed, reducing TCO and allowing all chassis to be managed as a single, highly available management domain.
The Cisco UCS 2204XP Fabric Extender has four 10 Gigabit Ethernet, FCoE-capable, SFP+ ports that connect the blade chassis to the fabric interconnect. Each Cisco UCS 2204XP has sixteen 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports connected through the midplane to each half-width slot in the chassis. Typically configured in pairs for redundancy, two fabric extenders provide up to 80 Gbps of I/O to the chassis.
- Reduces TCO by removing management modules from the chassis, making the chassis stateless
- Provides a single, highly available management domain for all system chassis, reducing administrative tasks
- Simplifies operation by automatically synchronizing firmware levels between the fabric extenders and the interconnects
- Decreases TCO by reducing the number of network interface cards (NICs), host bus adapters (HBAs), switches, and cables needed
- Transparently encapsulates Fiber Channel packets into Ethernet
- Increases availability with an active-active data plane
- Reduces TCO by optimizing overall system capacity to match actual workload demands
- Removes the need for chassis management modules
- Provides a reliable, robust foundation for unifying LAN and SAN traffic on a single transport
- Helps enable consistent and coherent quality-of-service (QoS) management throughout the system
- Helps enable a consistent operational model between virtual and physical environments
- Provides the same level of network visibility for virtualized and nonvirtualized environments
- Improves diagnostic and troubleshooting capabilities in a virtual environment
- Simplifies network and security policy enforcement when migrating virtual machines from one host to another
- Increases flexibility with a range of interconnect solutions, including copper Twinax cable for short runs and fiber for long runs
- Consumes less power per port than traditional solutions
Whats in the box?
- Cisco UCS 2204XP Fabric Extender
- 8 x Cisco 10G Line Extender for FEX (FET-10G)
|Product Description||Cisco UCS 2204XP Fabric Extender - expansion module - 4 ports|
|Device Type||Expansion module|
|Form Factor||Plug-in module|
|Bundled with||8 x Cisco 10G Line Extender for FEX (FET-10G)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||3.5 cm x 18.3 cm x 19.4 cm|
|Ports Qty||4 ports|
|Data Link Protocol||10 GigE|
|Performance||Forwarding performance: 640 Gbps|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.3ae|
|Designed For||Network Analysis Module 2204, 2204 Appliance|