Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1280 - Network adapter - 10 GigE, 10Gb FCoE - 8 ports - for UCS B200 M2, B200 M3, B230 M2, B440 M2
The Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS) is a data center platform that unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization resources into a cohesive system designed to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and increase business agility. The system integrates a low-latency, lossless 10 Gigabit Ethernet unified network fabric with enterprise-class, x86-architecture servers. The system is an integrated, scalable, multichassis platform in which all resources participate in a unified management domain.
The Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1280 is an eight-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)-capable mezzanine card designed exclusively for Cisco UCS B-series blade servers. The card enables a policy-based, stateless, agile server infrastructure that can present up to 256 PCIe standards-compliant interfaces to the host that can be dynamically configured as either network interface cards (NICs) or host bus adapters (HBAs). In addition, the Cisco UCS VIC 1280 supports Cisco Virtual Machine Fabric Extender (VM-FEX) technology, which extends the Cisco UCS fabric interconnect ports to virtual machines, simplifying server virtualization deployment.
- Delivers greater throughput
- Allows these virtual interfaces and adapters to be configured and operated independently, just like physical interfaces and adapters
- Creates a highly flexible I/O environment needing only one card for all I/O configurations
- Unifies virtual and physical networking into a single infrastructure
- Provides virtual machine visibility from the physical network and a consistent network operations model for physical and virtual servers
- Enables configurations and policies to follow the virtual machine during virtual machine migration
- Provides a prestandard implementation of the IEEE 802.1Qbh port extender standard
- Enables the mezzanine card to be centrally managed and configured by Cisco UCS manager
- Provides a redundant path to the fabric interconnect using hardware-based fabric failover
- Provides high I/O performance for demanding applications
- Uses Priority Flow Control (PFC) to enable FCoE as part of the Cisco unified fabric
- Stateless and agile
The personality of the card is determined dynamically at boot time using the service profile associated with the server. The number, type (NIC or HBA), identity, failover policy, bandwidth, and quality-of-service (QoS) policies of the PCIe interfaces are all determined using the service profile. The capability to define, create, and use interfaces on demand provides a stateless and agile server infrastructure.
- Network interface virtualization
Each PCIe interface created on the VIC is associated with an interface on the Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect, providing complete network separation for each virtual cable between a PCIe device on the VIC and the interface on the Cisco UCS fabric interconnect.
- Cisco VM-FEX technology
Cisco VM-FEX technology extends fabric interconnect ports directly to virtual machines, eliminating software-based switching in the hypervisor. Cisco VM-FEX technology collapses virtual and physical networking infrastructure into a single infrastructure that is fully aware of the virtual machines' locations and networking policies. Cisco FEX-VM technology is implemented by Cisco VICs with a pre-standard implementation of IEEE 802.1Qbh port extender.
|Product Description||Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1280 - network adapter - 8 ports|
|Device Type||Network adapter|
|Form Factor||Plug-in module|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||9.3 cm 18.4 cm|
|Ports Qty||8 ports|
|Data Link Protocol||10 GigE, 10Gb FCoE|
|Performance||Throughput: 80 Gbps|
|Compliant Standards||IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ae, IEEE 802.1Qbb, IEEE 802.1Qaz|
|Designed For||UCS B200 M2 Blade Server, B200 M3 Blade Server, B230 M2 Blade Server, B440 M2 High-Performance Blade Server|