- Converged wired plus wireless access
The Supervisor Engine 8-E is the first Cisco Catalyst supervisor engine that enables wired plus wireless services on a single Cisco IOS XE software-based platform. With this functionality, Cisco has pioneered a host of rich capabilities such as high availability based on stateful switchover (SSO), granular QoS, security, and Flexible Netflow (FNF) across wired and wireless networks in a seamless fashion.
- Best-in-class resiliency
The Cisco Catalyst 4500E series is designed for excellent nonstop communications with noninterrupted hardware switching. With Cisco IO XE software, customers continue to reap the benefit of this best-in-class resiliency in various ways.
- Simplified operations through automation
As campus switching has grown to support increasing enterprise demands, so has the need to deploy and manage new and evolving technologies. Simplified operations are critical in meeting these challenges and achieving increased operational efficiency through proactive management and reduction in unplanned network downtime.
- Up to 928 Gbps wired switching capacity with 250 Mpps of throughput
- Up to 20 Gigabits of wireless termination capacity for a wireless controller-less design
- Support of 250 access points and 4000 wireless clients in wireless controller-less deployments with multiple Catalyst 4500E systems forming a wireless domain
- Up to eight nonblocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks (Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus [SFP+])
- SFP support on uplinks to offer flexibility for up to eight Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 384 ports of nonblocking 10/100/1000
- 200 ports of nonblocking Gigabit Ethernet SFP (eight uplinks ports plus 192 line card ports)
- 104 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ (eight uplinks ports plus 96 line card ports)
- Up to 128,000 Flexible Netflow (FNF) entries in hardware
- Hardware ready to support flexible storage options using USB port
- Secure Digital (SD) card support for flexible storage options
- 256,000 routing entries for high-end campus access and aggregation deployments
- IPv6 support in hardware, providing wire-rate forwarding for IPv6 networks
- Dual stack support for IPv4/IPv6 and Dynamic hardware forwarding-table allocations for ease of IPv4-to-IPv6 migration
- Scalable routing (IPv4, IPv6, and multicast) tables and Layer 2 tables
- Scalable and dynamic allocation of access-control-list (ACL) and quality-of-service (QoS) entries to use eight queues per port and comprehensive security policies per port
Cisco Supervisor Engine 8-E - Control processor - plug-in module
The Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8-E is the enterprise-class switching engine that provides full convergence between wired and wireless networks on a single platform. This Cisco Unified Access Data Plane (UADP) application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) powers the wireless convergence and helps enable uniform wired-wireless policy enforcement, application visibility, flexibility, and application optimization.
The Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8-E is an enterprise-class, access and aggregation supervisor engine designed to provide up to 928 Gbps of wired access per system with an E-Series chassis. The supervisor also supports up to 20 Gbps of wireless termination in a controller-less unified access deployment. Cisco Catalyst 4500E Supervisor Engine 8-E provides 48 Gbps per slot with Flexible NetFlow (FNF), integrated Wireshark, and advanced security, combined with reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) and excellent investment protection. These capabilities make this supervisor engine the leading Cisco Unified Access supervisor engine in the Cisco Catalyst Family. Supervisor Engine 8-E is built with price-performance aggregation deployments in mind, helping to enable denser Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet fiber deployments with enterprise-class aggregation functions. Supervisor Engine 8-E facilitates user experiences for enterprise, public sector, mid-market, and commercial customer business-critical applications.
|Product Description||Cisco Supervisor Engine 8-E - control processor|
|Device Type||Control processor|
|Form Factor||Plug-in module|
|Performance||Switching capacity: 928 Gbps ¦ Per-slot switching capacity: 48 Gbps ¦ IPv6 routing: 125 Mpps ¦ IPv4 routing: 250 Mpps|
|Capacity||QoS hardware entries: 128000 ¦ Security services entries: 128000 ¦ Virtual interfaces (VLANs): 4094 ¦ ARP entries: 47000 ¦ MAC addresses: 55000 ¦ IPv6 routes: 128000 ¦ IPv4 routes: 256000 ¦ Spanning Tree Protocol instances: 10000 ¦ Switched virtual interfaces (SVIs): 4094|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Limited lifetime warranty|