The world’s only 3D printer with needle valve flow control technology
Cost-effective, professional results and an award-winning user experience
Based in Portishead, UK, CEL is a company focused on innovation, world-class product development and modern manufacturing. CEL’s designs include products that offer extended functions at competitive pricing for intuitive, everyday use. For over 10 years, CEL has produced a wide range of innovative, high quality power tools, garden tools, floor care products and household appliances, and has been featured on Dragon’s Den with its flagship product, the POWER8workshop.
Having gained experience using a variety of 3D printers in their day-to-day work to help realise innovative designs, the CEL team deployed their extensive knowledge of manufacturing and rapid prototyping techniques to develop a new type of desktop 3D printer in April 2012. This internal project to improve rapid prototyping efficiency became a media sensation and, following a successful Kickstarter campaign, the world’s most accessible and easy-to-use 3D printing system, Robox, launched to the public in December 2014. Since its launch, Robox has enjoyed huge success among 3D printing professionals and beginners alike due to its versatility, useability, high quality, affordability and safety. Robox’s HeadLock system allows users to adapt the platform to become much more than a 3D printer. With the dual-material 3D printing head module’s release in 2016 and new toolheads in development including a stylus cutter, paste extruder, laser etcher and more, Robox truly is the future of micro-manufacturing.
Extensive Choice of Materials
Benefit from cutting edge material innovations and take advantage of new possibilities with a wide range of supported materials. The Robox platform already supports the most diverse range of materials of any desktop 3D printer on the market with its SmartReel system, which enables fully automatic material recognition and means there’s no messing around with setting material parameters manually before each print. And unlike other 3D printers, Robox doesn’t lock users into its own brand of materials; if you want to try something not currently available from CEL, you can. You can even re-programme an old SmartReel with your new material’s settings for automatic material recognition. Robox has been designed with convenience in mind.
Quality, Accessibility and Safety
- Over three years in the making, Robox boasts many unique and innovative features not seen in any other desktop 3D printer that work together to achieve truly outstanding results. Robox doesn’t ask you to waste valuable time with manual calibrations or preparation before printing. Everything is automatic, and with our easy-to-use AutoMaker software you’ll be printing in no time.It’s also one of the safest 3D printers ever made. Although desktop 3D printers can reach anything up to 300°C, the SafeLock mechanism and shatter-resistant, interlocking safety door prevent accidental injury by quarantining the build chamber while your creations come to life. Robox has been designed with safety in mind.
- Patented needle valve flow control technology with single or dual extruder support
Wide choice of supported SmartReel materials with no setup required
- Future-proofed platform with new functions coming soon
Fully enclosed with transparent, interlocking safety door
- Compatible with 3rd party filament (no vendor lock-in)
Hassle-free build plate with no glue or tape required
- Easy-to-use software (Windows, Mac OS and Linux)
Fully automatic bed levelling and easy calibration