IBM General Parallel File System on x86 Architecture Server ( v. 3 ) - licence
Explosions of data, transactions, and digitally-aware devices are straining IT infrastructure and operations, while storage costs and user expectations are increasing. The IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS), a high-performance enterprise file management platform, can help you move beyond simply adding storage to optimizing data management.
Whether you are working with big data analytics, have the need to manage large amounts of structured and unstructured data, or simply require the ability to store and forward large amounts of file based data quickly, reliably and efficiently, you need a clustered file system. These systems safely support high performance data and offer consistent access to a common set of data from multiple servers. GPFS can bring together the power of multiple file servers and multiple storage controllers, to provide higher reliability thus outperforming single file server solutions.
Customers use GPFS to do low latency analytics, high-speed backup and recovery, high-speed file ingest, and optimize data workflow, enabling faster business process performance.
- Seamless capacity expansion to handle the explosive growth of big data and digital information
- Improved efficiency through enterprise wide, interdepartmental file sharing
- Proven commercial-grade reliability to eliminate production outages and eases information life cycle management with policy-driven automation
- Cost-effective disaster recovery and business continuity
- Flexibility to support a wide variety of platforms
- Active File Management to enable asynchronous access and control of local and remote files
|Product Description||IBM General Parallel File System on x86 Architecture Server (v. 3) - licence + 3 Years Software Subscription and Support|
|Category||Networking applications - network - storage management|
|Packaged Quantity||250 (specifications are for single item)|
|Licence Qty||10 processor value units|
|Bundled Support||3 Years Software Subscription and Support|
|Platform||Linux, Windows, AIX|
|Service & Support||New releases update|