Millions of people worldwide have had their data potentially compromised by laptop thefts. It is now impossible to ignore the growing identity theft crisis, much of it caused by laptop thefts from high-profile corporations, government agencies, universities, and healthcare institutions.
A multi-layered security strategy is required to protect computer hardware and the data on it. With a few proactive data security steps, organizations can avoid the potential lawsuits, fines, public scrutiny, and loss of business that a lost or stolen computer can cause.
HP's Tracking and Recovery Service utilizes software that provides a robust, multi-layered security solution to help organizations address issues of regulatory compliance, data protection, computer theft recovery, and asset tracking. IT professionals can use HP Tracking and Recovery Service to track and recover stolen laptops, to delete data remotely in order to protect confidential information, to detect unauthorized software or missing hardware, to ensure regulatory compliance, and to create predefined alerts in order to manage appropriate use policies.
Available through HP direct sales force and partners, these services are an additional step in delivering a solution that protects your assets and helps secure your data.
- Track and recover stolen or lost computers
- Delete data remotely in order to protect confidential information
- Detect unauthorized software or missing hardware
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Create predefined alerts to manage appropriate use policies
||HP Care Pack|
||Tracking And Recovery Service|
||5 Year Computrace One|
|Tracking and recovery,
||HP Tracking and Recovery Service is a comprehensive solution that combines computer theft recovery, data protection, and secure asset tracking. The service provides the Customer with:
- • Tracking and recovery of stolen or missing computers with assistance from the HP support team
- • Secure asset tracking
- • Protection from theft and loss
||HP Tracking and Recovery Service provides assistance to Customers who are working to ensure regulatory compliance.|
|Central asset management
||The service allows the Customer’s IT administrators to centrally manage corporate IT assets by monitoring computer movement, call history, asset leasing information, and software license compliance.|
The Customer must work directly with an HP representative to ensure that the product for which coverage is desired is eligible for this service. It is recommended that any device being considered for the HP Tracking and Recovery Service services be preloaded with the software BIOS. The software BIOS incorporates a healing technology, referred to as "persistence," which essentially rebuilds the agent software installation, even if the agent service is deleted using conventional means. Most HP commercial notebook PCs contain the software BIOS, but the Customer should check with their HP representative.
The Customer will:
- • Validate that the hardware purchased has the necessary BIOS software installed to support the HP Tracking and Recovery Service.
- • In case of theft of the computer covered by this service, report the theft to the police promptly (This must be done as the first step—and as soon as possible—to ensure that the theft report and police file number are received by HP Support no later than 14 days after the theft date.)
- • Obtain the police case number
- • Document the name of the officer assigned to the file
- • Contact the HP Support team via phone, fax, or e-mail and provide them with the above information
The following activities are specifically excluded from this service:
- • Services required due to failure of the Customer to incorporate any system fix, repair, patch, or modification provided to the Customer by HP
- • Services required due to failure of the Customer to take avoidance action previously advised by HP General provisions/Other exclusions The various service offers provided by HP are not available in all regions and/or countries. Contact a local sales representative for availability information.